Scheduled scripts are scripts which are executed at a predetermined time or executed periodically within preferred time intervals.
These scripts are executed silently in the background without any user interaction. You may check the last execution time and execution result
of a script from "Scheduled Task" window.
To create a scheduled script:
- Click "Database" menu, select "Scheduled Tasks"
- Click "New Task" button
- Select the task type as "Scheduled Script"
- Type a descriptive, short name for the task
- Type a name for the default procedure of this script
- Script editor window will open, create your script there, save and close the script editor
- Schedule setting window will open, select the first execution time and if desired, repeat interval
Tip: You may suspend execution of the script if you uncheck "enable scheduled execution" box from schedule settings window.
Tip: You may also create a scheduled recalculation task on the same window. This task will then periodically recalculate all computed
fields in either a selected catalog or all catalogs. A periodic recalculation is necessary if the result of the calculation for a computed field can
change with time, e.g. a calculation which determines whether a contract term has expired (at current date) or not, is required to be executed
on a daily basis to keep it accurate.
- Script Editor
- Function Reference
- Example Procedures