Action buttons are custom created buttons which can be placed anywhere on a record window.
When clicked, a script procedure written for the button is executed. You may create an action button to execute a series of
(conditional) calculations, update data on one or multiple field values, validate data, retrieve data from or send data to a web site
and many other things.
To create an action button,
- Open Form Designer window,
- Click "Tool Box" tab from item browser,
- Select "Action Button", click "Insert",
- Type the title you want to see on the button,
- Click "Edit Procedure" to write the script which will be executed when the button is pressed.
- Script Editor
- Function Reference
- Example Procedures