Welcome to SpeedBase Online Help
SpeedBase is a customizable database software with a userfriendly interface designed for information management.
Learning how to use SpeedBase is fast and does not require special technical skills.
Before moving into details, we highly recommend you to watch the training videos first.
The recommended path to follow for a quick start up is given below:
1st STEP: Do Some Training (Without being worried about hurting actual data)
On first startup after installation, SpeedBase will automatically create a new, empty database for you.
Use this database for training only as you may create a new one for entering actual information.
- Import any one of the application templatesavailable you wish to experiment.
- Have a look at the Term Map
to quickly get some idea about the terminology, windows and their roles used in SpeedBase.
- Experiment with record management, i.e. creating, modifying,
deleting and searching records
- Import more application templates to get ideas about how your database can be designed for various purposes.
2nd STEP: Create a New Database For Entering Actual Data
Note that, you may skip most of the steps below if you are already happy with the current design of your database.
3rd STEP: Adding More Power
For Teamwork Edition Users: You may find further documentation for extended features like
under the related help menu titles.
- Create your first FILTER for views you created
to filter out and display only records with certain properties.
- Create your first RELATIONSHIP to relate different types of information.